We are currently accepting applications for our newest homes in the Booth Woods neighborhood of Vergennes and the Gorham Lane neighborhood of Middlebury!
Take the next easy step and contact us at HabitatApplicationsAC@gmail.com or call us at 388-0400 for more information on how we can work together.
Below you’ll find the three basic guidelines for eligibility.
Applicants must reside in housing that fits Habitat’s description of inadequate or substandard. This could include severe structural problems, poor heating, leaks in the roof, overcrowding (three to a bedroom), unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
Our minimum and maximum income requirements are based on the size of your family as noted below. The Income Range is based on 2022 HUD Income limits, 50%-80% of median income, Addison County, VT.
$37,469 – $59,950
$42,156 – $67,450
$46,813 – $74,900
$50,563 – $80,900
$54,313 – $86,900
$58,063 – $92,900
$61,813 – $98,900
You must also:
- Have a stable employment history.
- Show evidence that you can manage money responsibly.
- Be able to make monthly house payments of approximately $850, including taxes and insurance.
- Provide credit references.
- Live and work in Addison County for one year before applying.
With your permission, we will:
- Verify employment and other income.
- Verify checking and savings account balances.
- Get a statement from your current and previous landlords.
- Do a credit check.
Applicants must be willing to work cooperatively with Habitat.
- You must attend Homeowner Workshops and meet with Habitat representatives to prepare for successful home ownership.
- You must help build your home. All adult (18 years and older) members of the household must be willing to work 200 hours of sweat equity, to a household maximum of 400 hours, 25% of these hours can be contributed by designated family and friends.
- If approved for a Habitat home, a $500 down payment is required within 90 days of acceptance.
If you believe you qualify according to these guidelines, please apply!
Download and complete the Application Form.
All information is confidential and used only for family selection. If you don’t have access to a printer or have any questions, please call Habitat for Humanity of Addison County at 802-388-0400 or email us at HabitatApplicationsAC@gmail.com.
We will review your application as soon as it is received and be in touch.
Applications can be mailed to:
Habitat for Humanity of Addison County VT, Inc.
P.O. Box 1217
Middlebury, VT 05753
Comments are closed.