The Selection Process
- Application and all required additional documentation is received and reviewed.
- Additional information or documentation may be requested. Employers and landlords will be contacted for reference.
- Credit check, sexual offender check and criminal background checks will be completed as required by Habitat for Humanity International.
- Two representatives of Habitat for Humanity of Addison County will interview candidates at their current residence.
- After careful consideration, the Family Selection Committee will present candidate families to the Board of Directors for final approval.
The entire application process will take about six months to complete.